There was certainly nothing ordinary about last week.
- 5k run, high heat and humidity
- 45 minutes deep water pool running
- 5.5 k trail running with the boys, high heat and humidity
- orienteering 5.5k – think of this as fartleks with a map
- 1 cycle of “Standard Core Routine”
- 15 minutes rowing – my husband pulled out this old machine and I had an instant outdoor gym with awesome views:
- 3.5k trail run, half of planned run thanks to me falling, heading to the hospital, getting a cast, blah, blah, blah. For all the gory details check out the previous two posts.
- lots of sleep and Advil
- 6k (that was really 6.9k) MEC trail race and a 5.3k road run
Well, what can I say? I am incredibly thankful that my injuries have not left me unable to run. I can barely tie my shoes or get my running bra off, but I can run! I am also pleased that I managed to complete my mileage for the week. I am not sure I will be able to return to the deep water running class, which I was considering a major part of my race training. I will be begging for a waterproof cast when I go see the specialist on Thursday. With my current cast I definitely can’t use the rowing machine, which is a little disappointing as I quite enjoyed the workout. Planks are currently out as well. But I have to keep coming back to the fact that I can run and marathon training will continue, maybe just not quite the way I planned. There will definitely have to be some flexibility required on my part for the next several weeks.